Recipe zucchini pasta vegan pesto
Spirulina is a great natural source of protein, ideal especially if you keep a vegan diet. Since it is considered a species bacteria not coming from an animal source. It’s natural freshwater alga which is also high in minerals such as iron, vitamin B6 and many micronutrients.
- 1 cup c, very lightly toasted
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 3 handfuls fresh basil (large stems removed)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Himalaya sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Organic Burst Spirulina powder
- juice of 1 lemon or two limes
How to prepare the pesto:
- Add garlic and basil in your food processor.
- Then add the pine nuts and olive oil to the mixture and pulse again.
- Stir in the lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and spirulina powder.
- Season to taste. Add a bit more olive oil to your liking
- Serve with zucchini pasta “courgette”