- 50 gr of quinoa
- 700 gr of eggplant
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 10 sprigs of chives, minced
- 5 sprigs of coriander, chopped
- A teaspoon of salt
- One teaspoon of ground pepper
- One teaspoon of turmeric powder
- One teaspoon of ground cumin
- 80gr of chickpea flour
For the Guacamole
- 1 large tomato, peeled and diced
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 glass of minced fresh coriander (40gr)
- 1 lime in juice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
How to prepare:
- Cook the quinoa according to the brand’s instructions. (In general, 1 portion of quinoa for 3 of water, let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes) and reserve
- Add 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, the onion, garlic and aubergines to a frying pan over medium heat. Let them do between 20 and 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Once the mixture is cooked, add it to a blender glass together with: salt, pepper, chives, coriander, turmeric and cumin. Blend for a few seconds. But beware! We don’t want the mixture to be smooth. We are interested in having pieces!
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and add the quinoa and chickpea flour, mix with a spoon until the flour is no longer visible.
- Let stand and cool for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the guacamole, blend all the ingredients until you get a homogeneous, smooth dough.
- Form about 4 balls with the mixture obtained, shape it into hamburgers by squashing the ball.
- Heat the pan (the same that we used previously), over medium high heat, with two teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil. Add the eggplant patties, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with the guacamole.
That’s it 🙂 Bon appétit!