- 300gr of chickpeas cooked previously
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon of sweet paprika
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- 300gr of fresh or frozen spinach
- 300 gr of desalted cod or hake
- Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ liter of vegetable broth
- In a pot, fry a little extra virgin olive oil, the onion, the garlic, and a little salt, over a very low heat, stirring, for about 10 minutes, until the onion becomes more transparent.
- Add the paprika and cumin powder. Stir.
- Add the vegetable broth, over medium heat.
- When it is hot, add the spinach to the pot, cook for about 5 minutes.
- Cut the fish into small pieces. You can choose the white fish that you like the most, we have used desalted cod or hake.
- Add the cooked fish and chickpeas to the pot. Rectify the amount of broth with water or more broth if necessary, we want our soup to have liquid, it should not be dry. Cook for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Serve hot.